Friday, August 16, 2013

Tricking them with the Good Stuff!

Looks like hashbrowns. Tastes like hashbrowns and cheese. What is it? It's absolutely amazingly delicious and it's a vegetable. I have trouble getting my kids to "like" their vegetables, and I know it is my own fault. I like the sweet stuff. I seriously feel like I could live off dessert if it didn't go straight to places I don't want to see it ever again. I made these a few weeks ago just to try them out and all the kids ate them and liked them. I never did tell them what they actually were. They just call them patties and we will just leave it that way. Here's the famous recipe. 


Cook one head of cauliflower until fairly soft. I usually steam mine and then just mush it all up. I don't put seasoning on it or anything, just cut off the ends and steam. 

Add: 2 large eggs
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup panko

Mash all together and cook in patties on skillet or griddle or fry pan with olive oil. 

YUMMY!! AND - for those of you non cookers like myself, I had no idea what Panko was and it's this white flaky like bread crumb stuff. I found mine at Trader Joe's, but I have since seen it all over by the bread crumb area or by the foreign foods. Let me know if you like it as much as we do. 

No comments: